BBVA Premium Checking Account
The BBVA Premium Checking Account offers premium benefits, including:
- Personalized Debit Card: Add your favorite photo to your card for FREE.
- premium checks,
- cashback rewards.
Bank Easily From Home With BBVA Premium Checking Account. Open A BBVA Premium Checking Account Today! Open a Checking Account to Easily Send & Receive Money Digitally From Friends & Family. Best for People who want BBVA best account with premium perks, full service online banking.
securely on the bank's website
The BBVA Premium Checking Account is an interest-bearing checking account with premium benefits, great APY rates, and a fairly large ATM network.
BBVA USA is known for its excellent digital tools, great customer support, and a huge presence nation-wide. You can access their ATMs in many locations, but, with this account, you can use certain out-of-network ATMs at no extra charge.
If you meet the requirements, you can have the monthly fee waived, which is a money-saver, since you get to keep $228/year in your pocket. But, that's not all: with a free personalized debit Visa, which usually costs $10, and many other free perks, such as free premium checks, and ATM fee waivers, you can save even more, while earning interest on your daily balance at the same time!
You'll also earn cash back through online and mobile banking when you use your Visa to make purchases. The cashback rewards program is completely free, and all you need to do is select offers to activate them. Since offers are based on your spending habits, you'll get to earn rewards on things you'd usually buy. This way, you won't be tempted to spend unnecessarily only to earn some cash back.
Another great advantage of BBVA's Premium Checking is the possibility to open a money market account free of charge, which allows you to earn higher interest than traditional savings, with rates going up to 0.30%!
Just make sure you keep enough money in your balance, as overdraft and NSF fees are a bit higher than usual - but you can use BBVA's award-winning app to manage your finances even when on the go.
Checking account details
- Monthly fee can be waived with qualifying $4,000 monthly direct deposits OR by having an average daily collected balance of $4,000+.
- Tiered rates on your account.
- Personalized Visa® Debit Card with Simple Cash BackSM rewards.
- Free Online Banking and Mobile Banking, with Mobile Deposit® and Bill Pay.
- Award-Winning Mobile Banking App.
- Free online and paper statements.
- Free unlimited check writing.
- Complimentary Premium Checks.
- Complimentary BBVA Money Market.
- No ATM fees nationwide at 64,000 BBVA USA, and in the Allpoint® network and participating 7-Eleven® locations (ATM fees may apply to certain 7-Eleven locations in Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Alaska).
- 2 rebates of ATM fee charged by other banks per month.
Checking account fees
Monthly Fee$19 (can be waived)
Minimum Deposit to Open$25
Out-of-Network ATM Transaction Fee$3
Out-of-Network ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee$38
Foreign Transaction Fee3% (non-ATM) / 1% (ATM)
BBVA Premium Checking Account FAQ
For your security, BBVA has the following requirements to open a BBVA Premium Checking account. You will need:
- A valid government issued ID (a driver’s license, state issued ID with photo or a passport),
- Social Security Number (for primary and joint account holder, if applicable),
- $25 Minimum deposit (this deposit can be made from a debit or credit card, another bank, or an existing BBVA account).
You can apply for the BBVA Premium Checking online, or by visiting a branch.
Yes. If you apply online, a team of dedicated professionals will be there to help you whenever you need assistance, at no additional cost for you. You can contact your team via text, email, or telephone.
Tiered-rate account can be a checking or savings account that offers different rates of interest, depending on the amount of money held in the account. Usually, interest rates are higher for larger amounts, which is a way banks use to keep their customers.
BBVA Premium Checking is a tiered-rate account, where interest rates apply to the total of your daily collected balance. From April 15, 2020, interest rates and APY for daily collected balances are, respectively, 0.050% and 0.05%.
A money market account is a savings account that pays higher interest on your account balance. Typically, the more you have, the more you earn.
BBVA Premium Checking allows you to open a BBVA Money Market account, and receive a monthly fee waiver. A few things to note:
- Like with a savings account, there are limits to the number of withdrawals you can make each statement cycle, unless you do it in person at a BBVA USA branch or ATM. The limit of allowed transfers is set to 6 per month, and these transfers may include debit card, check, telephone request, preauthorized agreements, drafts from Online Banking, and transfers from an overdraft sweep service. If you make more than 6 transactions in a statement cycle, you'll be charged a $10 fee.
- There is a $15 monthly service fee, which can be waived if you keep a daily collected balance of at least $10,000 or transfer $25+ from a BBVA Checking Account to your money market account.
- These accounts are, like all BBVA's checking and savings accounts, FDIC-insured.
You can add a photo to your Visa debit card free of charge by uploading a desired image online or by phone 1-844-228-2872, if you prefer having an agent assist you.
There are specific guidelines as to how to upload an image, but also requirements when it comes to what kind of images you can upload. Read more about it directly at BBVA USA's website
Yes, you can earn cashback rewards through You'll earn cashback through BBVA's Simple Cash BackSM rewards program, using your BBVA Visa debit card to make purchases. The service is free of charge, and available through Online and Mobile Banking. You don't even need to enroll to use it, but only select offers from the Rewards Center in the Mobile Banking app or in your account detail page of Online Banking. You can browse from a variety of offers, which are tailored to your preferences and shopping habits. Once you've made a qualifying purchase, rewards will be automatically deposited in your account, but make sure to read the offers' details, as some conditions may apply.
BBVA USA allows customers to set up customizable alert notifications which help them keep an eye on their account activity. You can receive notifications about:
1. Real-time banking: account balance, withdrawal confirmation, deposit confirmation, CD redemption;
2. Account management alerts: account summary, cleared checks, CD maturity date, sensitive activity, overdraft protection notice, insufficient funds;
3. Credit card alerts: near credit limit, credit limit reached, payment reminder, account balance, daily account balance;
4. Daily alerts: withdrawals, deposits, CD deposits.
In case there was an error in card processing, and you've been charged a surcharge at one of Allpoint® or participating 7-Eleven® ATM, you need to contact BBVA at 1-844-228-2872 to let them know what happened.
Do note that ATM fees may apply to some 7-Eleven locations in Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Alaska. You will know whether an ATM is fee-free if it contains an FCTI contact sticker.
Yes, you can close it. Note that, if you decide to do so within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged an early-account-closing fee of $25.
Here’s how to start your BBVA checking account online application:
- Find the checking account that’s right for you
- Look for “Apply Now” button to start your application
- Fill out the application form, fund your account, and review and confirm your information before submitting your application. It’s that quick and easy.
BBVA online application system automatically saves your incomplete application so you can pick up where you left off. However, some account terms could be different when you resume the application.
To find your incomplete BBVA application, click the “Apply Now” button on the account page where you originally started the application and scroll down to the following section:
Do you have an existing application with us?
BBVA offers three checking accounts :
- BBVA Online Checking: This checking account option includes complimentary Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay. It also features no ATM withdrawal fees nationwide at more than 64,000 AllPoint®, participating 7-Eleven® and BBVA USA ATMs. This account has no monthly Service Charge.
- BBVA Free Checking: Enjoy no monthly Service Charge, complimentary Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay. You also get free electronic or paper statements, plus no ATM withdrawal fees at any BBVA USA ATMs, and unlimited check writing.
- BBVA Premium Checking: With this option, you earn tiered interest rates on the funds you keep in your account. It also features no ATM withdrawal fees nationwide at more than 64,000 AllPoint®, participating 7-Eleven® and BBVA USA ATMs, and get complimentary Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay. It also features unlimited check writing, complimentary premium checks, and two out-of-network ATM charge rebates per month. Your $19 monthly Service Charge is waived if you meet certain requirements.
Opening a BBVA bank account online is quick and easy. It can take just minutes and save you a trip to a bank branch. You can apply for a BBVA checking account online at bbvausa.com
Easily find a BBVA branch or BBVA ATM near you with BBVA location finder
A BBVA Checking Account provides a secure place to keep your money while also making it easy to access your funds to pay monthly expenses. Most checking accounts offer multiple ways to move money, such as checks, ATM/debit cards, online transactions, mobile deposits, and more. A BBVA Savings Account is a place where you can safely keep money for a particular purpose. Most savings accounts come with ATM cards and pay a small amount of interest on your balance