Offering outstanding benefits, and many, many free perks, the Chase SapphireSM Banking Checking Account is an interest-bearing checking account unlike many other.
The Chase SapphireSM Banking is an experience of a kind, designed to make you feel indeed special. As this checking account includes so much for just a $25 per month, it is no wonder why the offer is so attractive. Yet, you can even have the monthly fee waived if you manage to keep at least $75,000 in your account. The good thing is, you can combine balances from different Chase checking or savings accounts.
With or without the fee, the Chase SapphireSM Banking Checking Account offers almost everything else for free: free online and mobile banking, bank statements, personal checks, counter checks, cashier's checks, money orders, ATM access worldwide, safe deposit box, overdrafts, and more! Besides, you can enjoy a Chase Sapphire Debit Card with higher ATM and purchase limits, special rates if you decide to invest with J.P. Morgan,and extraordinary customer service Chase is known for - in addition to exclusive early ticket sales, special event seating, and consulting services that really make you feel premium.
Checking account details
- Monthly fee can be waived if you keep an average beginning day balance of $75,000 or more in any combination of this account, and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
- Chase Sapphire Banking Debit Card with higher ATM and purchase limits.
- Free Chase OnlineSM and Mobile® Banking, with Online Bill PaySM, and mobile deposits.
- Chase Mobile® app.
- Text Banking & Account Alerts.
- Chase QuickDepositSM.
- Chase QuickPay® with Zelle®.
- Free paperless statements, accessible for up to 7 years.
- Free personal design checks.
- Free counter checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
- Free access to 16,000 Chase ATMs, and nearly 4,900 Chase branches.
- Access to Chase DepositFriendlySM ATMs.
- No ATM fees worldwide.
- No Chase foreign exchange rate adjustment fees on ATM withdrawals or debit card purchases made outside the U.S.
- Free 3” x 5” Safe Deposit Box or smaller (20% discount on larger sizes).
- Free first 4 overdrafts within 12 months.
- No wire transfer fees or stop payment fees.
- Monthly service fees waived on a linked Chase Total Business Checking® account.
- Monthly service fees waived on any linked Chase savings accounts.
- Monthly service fees waived on up to 9 linked Chase checking accounts.
- Commission-free investment with You InvestSM Trade by J.P. Morgan.
- Premier relationship rates on a linked Chase Premier SavingsSM account.
- Access to banking, home lending and small business specialists.
- Special access to sports and entertainment hospitality lounges.
- Early ticket sales and special seating for sports and entertainment events.
24/7 dedicated banking service line: 1-888-26CHASE.
Checking account fees
Monthly Fee$25 (can be waived)
Minimum Deposit to Open$0
Out-of-Network ATM Transaction Fee$0
Out-of-Network ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee$34
Foreign Transaction Fee$0
Chase Sapphire Checking Account FAQ
In this case, qualifying personal deposits include up to 9 personal Chase checking accounts (excluding Chase Private Client CheckingSM), personal Chase savings accounts (excluding Chase Private Client SavingsSM), Chase Liquid® Cards, CDs, certain Chase Retirement CDs, or certain Chase Retirement Money Market Accounts.
Qualifying personal investments include balances in investment and annuity products offered by JPMorgan Chase & Co. or its affiliates and agencies.
As a Chase SapphireSM Banking Checking accountholder, you can avoid monthly service fees on linked:
- Up to nine additional personal Chase checking accounts (excluding Chase Private Client Checking),
- Chase personal savings account(s) (excluding Chase Private Client Savings),
- Chase Total Business Checking® account,
- Chase Liquid Card(s).
You need to talk with a Chase banker at your local branch, from whom you can request a Chase Sapphire Banking Debit Card. This card comes with higher ATM withdrawal limits, and many other benefits. The best of all is that you can use it while traveling outside the U.S., as there are no ATM fees worldwide, and no fees on local-currency ATM withdrawals and purchases.
As a Chase SapphireSM Banking Checking accountholder, you won't pay any non-Chase ATM fees - worldwide. Chase will issue a refund for any fees charged by an ATM owner or network. Note that this is not always done automatically, as some ATM owners or networks don't identify these fees in the information they submit to Chase. In a case you don't receive a refund, you should contact Chase.
Chase won't charge you foreign exchange rate adjustment fees when you make transactions in a foreign currency. However, if you convert an international transaction to U.S. dollars at an ATM or while making a purchase, any third-party foreign currency commissions and related fees won't be eligible for Chase reimbursements. The only way you can avoid those fees is by paying in local currency.
Chase offers two Sapphire credit cards, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® credit card and the Chase Sapphire Reserve® credit card. Both of these are Ultimate Rewards credit cards, and you can earn points on your travel and dining purchases, and enjoy a range of benefits for an annual fee.
Of course you can apply for either of the two, if you meet the criteria, and your credit is good enough.
Chase Premier relationship rates apply if you have a Chase Premier Savings account. To earn premium rates, you need to link your Premier Savings to your Chase SapphireSM Checking account, and make at least 5 transactions during a monthly statement period using your linked checking account.
When you open a You Invest Trade account with Chase/J.P. Morgan, you'll be able to trade stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (EFTs), and options - online, on your own, with no minimum amount required to start!
You'll also enjoy commission-free trading of U.S. listed stocks, EFTs, and options. Some fees do apply - for example, options trades would cost you $0.65 per contract, so make sure you're familiar with their pricing.
As a You Invest Trader, you'll have access to educational materials, and digital tools to help you make smarter investment decisions, while enjoying the flexibility of managing your investments anywhere, anytime using Chase's mobile app. You can always diversify your portfolio with the help of Portfolio Builder, a tool that lets you create an asset allocation based on your goals, risk tolerance, time horizon, and more.
By visiting the Chase website, you'll see there are 3 types of You Invest Trade accounts you can open. You can learn more about them on the website, and apply directly.
You'll be asked to provide your Social Security number, U.S. home address, date of birth, your employment information, and some account preferences.