Chase Premier Plus Checking Account
Earn interest and save money: The Chase Premier Plus Checking Account offers more than just regular banking tools and features.
securely on the bank's website
If you're looking for an interest-bearing checking account packed with benefits, then you should definitely consider Chase's Premier Plus CheckingSM. Not only does this checking account earn you interest, but it also offers you a wide range of free perks, including checks, safe deposit box, money orders, digital banking, electronic statements, and more!
Chase Premier Plus Checking gives you all the flexibility you need to bank on the go: free mobile apps, digital tools for better money management, access to 16,000 ATMs, and even 4 Chase-fee waivers for out-of-network ATM use!
While Chase's online banking solutions are quite exquisite, if you ever need to visit a local branch, you'll probably have no difficulties locating one in your area, because Chase has around 5,000 local branches across the States.
It's also important to mention that, in case you want to boost your savings, you can open a Chase savings account, and earn even better rates - and if you linked your Chase checking and savings account, you won't pay any monthly fees on the savings account. Of course, if you meet the requirements for Premier Plus Checking fee waiver, you won't pay the $25/month either.
Finally, for current and ex U.S. military members, Chase has prepared special benefits, which are available as part of this checking account offer, as well. More details in the FAQ section below.
Checking account details
- Monthly fee can be waived if you keep an average beginning day balance of $15,000+ in any combination of this account and linked qualifying deposits OR have a linked qualifying Chase first mortgage enrolled in automatic payments from your Chase account.
- No monthly fees for current or prior U.S. military members with a qualifying military ID (other special military benefits, see FAQ). *
- Chase Visa debit card with chip technology.
- Free Chase OnlineSM and Mobile® Banking, with Online Bill PaySM, and mobile deposits.
- Chase Mobile® app.
- Text Banking & Account Alerts.
- Chase QuickDepositSM.
- Chase QuickPay® with Zelle®.
- Free paperless statements, accessible for up to 7 years.
- Free Chase design checks, and 50% discount on other personal style checks.
- Free counter checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
- Free access to 16,000 Chase ATMs, and nearly 4,900 Chase branches.
- Access to Chase DepositFriendlySM ATMs.
- 4 Free out-of-network ATM withdrawals (other fees, such as foreign exchange rate fees or ATM network fees, may apply).
- Free 3” x 5” Safe Deposit Box or smaller (20% discount on larger sizes).
- Monthly service fees waived on any linked Chase savings accounts.
- Monthly service fees waived on up to 2 linked Chase checking accounts.
Checking account fees
Monthly Fee$25 (can be waived)
Minimum Deposit to Open$0
Out-of-Network ATM Transaction Fee$2.50 ($5 outside the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
Out-of-Network ATM Withdrawal Fee$2.50
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee$34
Foreign Transaction Fee3%
Chase Premier Plus Checking Account FAQ
You can either visit a local branch or do it online, via the link you'll find directly on Chase's website or when you click the "APPLY NOW" button on this page.
You will need to provide your social security number (SSN), and a valid driver's license or state ID.
Qualifying personal deposits include up to 2 personal Chase checking accounts (excluding Chase Sapphire Checking and Chase Private Client CheckingSM), personal Chase savings accounts (excluding Chase Private Client Savings), Chase Liquid Cards, CDs, certain Chase Retirement CDs, or certain Chase Retirement Money Market Accounts.
Qualifying investments include balances in investment and annuity products offered by JPMorgan Chase & Co. or its affiliates and agencies.
No, you can only apply online in your name. Once you've opened the account, both you and your joint owner need to visit a local Chase branch, and provide valid IDs (SSN, a driver's license, state ID).
You will pay no monthly fees when you link:
- up to 2 additional Chase checking accounts, excluding Chase SapphireSM Checking, and Chase Private Client CheckingSM,
- Chase personal savings account(s), excluding Chase Private Client SavingsSM,
- Chase Liquid® Card.
Chase QuickDepositSM is a convenient, easy way to deposit checks without having to visit a local branch. Using your Chase mobile app, you can simply enter the amount to deposit, take pictures of your check, either manually or via the "Auto Capture" feature, and, finally, submit the deposit.
Yours funds will be available the next business day if you submit a deposit before 11PM.
It's recommended that you keep your check for a few days after you've deposited, to make sure your QuickDeposit has been accepted. You can destroy the check later.
At some ATMs, you can deposit up to 30 checks and 50 bills at a time.
Chase will ask you to provide:
- Your employer or depositor’s name and address,
- Your Employee ID or account number with depositor,
- Your account number,
- Your routing/ABA number.
Interest rates apply on your balance (the principal), and it's how much you earn on it over a period of time. Simply put, if you have $1,000 with the interest rate of 15%, you will earn $150/year.
Annual Percentage Yield or APY is also how much you gain, including compound interest, which is calculated on the principal and the interest accumulated over the previous period. This is why APY is usually higher than the interest rate. APY is the real rate of return on your deposit. The more frequently interest is compounded, the better return will be - as it adds up to previous amounts which are higher thanks to compounding.
While Chase doesn't charge any fees for using Text Banking, your cell phone carrier's rate may apply.
Chase offers a range of benefits reserved for U.S. military members.
Primary benefits, basically the same as everyone gets to enjoy with Chase Premier Plus Checking, are for all active, reserve or U.S. National Guard servicemembers, and veterans with qualifying military ID receive:
- No $25 Monthly Service Fee,
- No annual rent for a 3” x 5” Safe Deposit Box or smaller (20% discount on larger sizes),
- No Chase fee on the first 4 non-Chase ATM transactions each statement period (foreign transaction fees or other ATM fees may apply),
- No fee for counter checks, money orders, and cashier's checks,
- No Monthly Service Fee on up to 2 linked personal Chase checking accounts(excluding Chase SapphireSM Checking and Chase Private Client CheckingSM), or any Chase personal savings account (excluding Chase Private Client SavingsSM), or Chase Liquid® Card(s).
Active duty and reserve military servicemembers of the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and National Guard also receive "enhanced benefits", which require a direct deposit of military base pay (allotments excluded), and begin the next business day after the required deposit has been made
These enhanced benefits are basically Chase-fee waivers at out-of-network ATMs (ATM network/owner fees may still apply), on incoming and outgoing wire transfers, and on debit card purchases and ATM withdrawals when using your debit or ATM card in currencies other than U.S. dollars (i.e. no foreign exchange rate adjustments).