Comerica Bank Comerica Platinum Circle Checking®
The Comerica Platinum Circle Checking Account features preferred rates, a dedicated service line, and higher withdrawal limits on your Comerica Debit or ATM card.
securely on the bank's website
With Comerica's Platinum Circle Checking® Account, you'll enjoy first-class benefits, including a dedicated service numbers, special rates and discounts on Comerica's financial products and services, a High-Yield Money Market Investment Account, free Comerica checks, higher ATM withdrawal limits, and more! While you need to have at least $50,000 in direct deposits in order to qualify for the account, added perks, and APY rates increasing over time might be worth it if you're looking for a decent interest-bearing checking account offer.
Checking account details
- To qualify for the account, you must keep a $50,000.00 average daily ledger balance in any combination of personal or business deposit accounts OR a minimum combined balance of $2,500,000.00 each day in any combination of assets managed by Comerica Asset Management, in Comerica Private Banking loan balances or in Comerica Securities, Inc. account balances.
- For balances $1 - $99,999, APY of 0.03% applies, while to those over $100,000, the 0.05% rate applies.
- A HY MMIA and a Statement Savings Account with no monthly maintenance fees.
- High-yield money market rates for balances between $1 - $49,999 are of 0.10%, and of 0.25% on balances of $100,000+.
- For CDs, a minimum opening deposit is $1,000.
- Increased interest rate on new fixed rate CDs and IRAs with a term of 180 days or more.
- CD rates can go up to 0.45%.
- Statement Savings Account available with no monthly maintenance fee.
- Waived fees for overdraft protection transfers from your designated account.
- Free Comerica checks, any style.
- Free Comerica Web Banking and Comerica Web Bill Pay.
- Comerica Check Card or ATM Card with higher ATM withdrawal limits.
- 24-hour access to Comerica ATMs.
- A dedicated customer service number (877.894.1592).
- A rate discount on a Comerica Home Equity Flexline® and Non-Real Estate Installment Loan when using autopay from your Comerica Platinum Circle Checking Account.
- Checking account with no monthly maintenance fee for a household member.
- FDIC-insured account.
Checking account fees
APY0.10% / 0.25%
Minimum Deposit to Open$50
Out-of-Network ATM Transaction Fee$5.00
Out-of-Network ATM Withdrawal Fee$2.50
Overdraft Fee$26 - $38
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee$26 - $38
Foreign Transaction Fee3%
Comerica Bank Comerica Platinum Circle Checking® FAQ
To open a Comerica Platinum Circle Checking®, you will need to visit a local Comerica branch.
You'll be asked to provide your personal information, such as:
- Your driver's License, state ID or passport that shows you are a U.S. resident aged 18+,
- Your Social Security Number,
- Your mobile phone number and email address,
- Your current bank account and routing number if you want to fund your new account immediately.
Since you can combine balances available in your personal and business deposit accounts to meet the average daily ledger balance requirement, you should keep in mind that your business balances will only qualify if you own those business accounts as a sole business owner, principle or partner.
If you don't maintain qualifying account balances in your Comerica Platinum Circle Checking Account(s), you might get downgraded to the Rich Rewards® Checking Account, and thus, lose all Comerica Platinum Circle Checking benefits.
Comerica Web Banking® allows you to access and manage your account anywhere, at any time. With Comerica Web Banking®, you'll be able to, among others:
- view recent transactions, transfers, bill pay, and other activities,
- view, download, and print electronic monthly statements, available for up to 24 months,
- view your Comerica Debit card transactions, and account history going up to 6 months behind,
- set up one-time or recurring or future-dated transfers between your Comerica checking and savings accounts OR between your Comerica and your accounts at other U.S. financial institutions,
- manage all things checks (view, print, request stop payments),
- pay bills,
- use tools, such as Zelle or Quicken®.
The overdraft fees and NSF fees are set by Comerica based on the number of times you overdraw your account or are unable to cover an amount written on a check. The more frequently it happens, the more you'll pay. This is, relatively speaking, a good thing, as it should serve to keep you more vigilant, and responsible with your money.
Whether it be overdraft fees or NSF fees, Comerica Bank will charge you $26 the first time, $34 the second, third, and fourth time, and $38 for the fifth or any following occurrence.
A High-Yield Money Market Investment Account is Comerica's savings account available to Comerica Platinum Circle Checking® accountholders free of charge.
This account offers tiered interest rates, which are currently set as follows:
- for balances between $1 - $49,999 => 0.10%,
- for balances of $50,000 & over => 0.20%.
If you open a High-Yield Money Market Investment Account, you'll also be able to write up to 6 free checks per month.
A Statement Savings is another Comerica's savings account offered to Comerica Platinum Circle Checking® accountholders at no additional cost.
Just like Comerica High-Yield Money Market Investment Account, Statement Savings also gives you 24-hour access to Comerica's ATM network, and 6 free check writings per month.
A certificate of deposit is a savings account where money is held for a certain period of time, and payable at maturity, a date when the life of your financial product ends, and when you can take money out of your account without penalties. Usually, penalty fees are applied for early withdrawals, which could reduce earnings on CDs.
Comerica offers fixed-rate certificates of deposit, meaning these have set interest rates applied during the entire agreed term. Whether it be one year or longer, a minimum opening deposit of $1,000 is required. Depending on the amount kept in your balance, and the number of days elapsed, an APY applies, which is, of course, higher over time.
You can check your Comerica Platinum Circle Checking® account balance using Comerica's Mobile Banking App. It is available for iPhone®, iPad®, AndroidTM, and Android TabletTM devices, including mobile web browsers. The app also allows you to view your balance without logging in using Quick Balance.
Your account balance information is also available via Comerica Web Banking®, which allows you to bank 24/7 at your convenience.
To activate your Comerica debit card, and select or change your PIN, you need to call 844.253.3042 or 646.817.9542if you're outside the U.S.