Discover Cashback Debit Checking Account
Discover Bank's unique checking account offer featuring:
- no account fees,
- cashback rewards,
- digital banking tools.
securely on the bank's website
Discover Bank's Cashback Debit Checking Account is an online-only account, attractive because there aren't [almost] any fees associated to it. Instead, you can earn cash back when using their Discover Bank debit card for purchases!
While there aren't any particular banking tools, such as special dashboards or platforms you can use for better account and money control, the Discover Bank Cashback Debit Checking Account does include all you need to manage your money on a daily basis.
Discover Bank's team developed a great mobile banking app, allowing users to:
- Use Discover Bank's Mobile Check Deposit Service to make check deposits,
- View account balances, recent account activity, scheduled transfers, and payments,
- Set up one-time or recurring transfers, and pay bills,
- Locate fee-free ATMs,
- Set up alerts,
- View and manage their profile and account information,
- Redeem their Cashback Bonus,
- Contact Discover Bank's customer service - and more!
With enhanced security features, such as identification codes, fingertip login or Face ID (the latter being available to iOS users only), you can bank safely while on the go, knowing your account and personal information is fully protected. Plus, in case something ever happens with your debit card, you can freeze it via the mobile app, online or by calling 1-800-655-3898. This way, all new purchases / transactions will be stopped. You can unfreeze it at any time, but in case you've lost it forever or it got stolen, do report it at 1-800-347-7000.
Overall, the Discover Bank Cashback Debit checking account is one of those hard-to-say-no-to offers simply because it's free and rewarding! With Discover Bank's Customer Service available 24/7, you can fully rely on them and their technology for your banking needs - without ever even having to visit a physical branch!
Checking account details
- Earn 1% cash back with Auto Redemption with Online Savings.
- Free Online and Mobile Banking, with Bill Pay.
- Mobile App with mobile deposits.
- Free access to 60,000+ Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs in the U.S.
- Free debit card, and a replacement debit card.
- Free check orders.
- Free standard checks, and official bank checks.
- Free outbound ACH transfers (to an external bank).
- Free paper check or deposit item copies.
- Free expedited delivery for debit card replacement and official bank checks.
- Free stop payment orders.
- No account closure fees.
- 24/7 Customer Service , available at 1 (800) 347-7000.
Checking account fees
Minimum Deposit to Open$0
Out-of-Network ATM Transaction Fee$0
Out-of-Network ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee$0
Foreign Transaction Feen/a
Discover Cashback Debit Checking Account FAQ
You can open a Discover Cashback Debit checking account online (the link is available when you click on the "APPLY NOW" button on this page.
You'll be asked to provide:
- Your full name,
- Your Social Security Number or taxpayer ID,
- Your Date of Birth,
- Your Mother Maiden Name,
- Your address and contact information,
- Your country of citizenship, employment status, and annual income,
- Account funding info.
While there aren't any account-related fees, Discover will charge you $30 for each outgoing wire transfer.
You can deposit funds to your Cashback Debit account in several ways:
- You can make an online transfer from an external bank account to your Cashback Debit.
- You can make a direct deposit - here's the deposit form you need to complete.
- You can deposit a check using Discover's Mobile Check Deposit Service available in Discover's Mobile App. You can download their app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Mail a check with your account number to:
PO Box 30417
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
You can use your Discover debit card for ATM cash withdrawals and purchases in Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, wherever you see the Discover, PULSE® or Diners Club International® symbols displayed.
You can earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 spent on debit card purchases each month (a total of up to $360 per year).
No, unfortunately, the following transactions aren't eligible for cashback:
ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer payments, and loan payments or account funding made with your debit card, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services, such as Venmo® and PayPal®, who also provide P2P payments) may not be eligible for cash back rewards.
If your account is open and has a zero or positive balance, you can redeem your Discover Cashback Debit bonus via either the mobile app (the "Redeem" button at the bottom of the Cashback Bonus section page) or the online account center (the "Services" tab of your Cashback Debit account will show the options in the "Rewards" section).
You can transfer your Cashback Debit bonus to your Discover Cashback Debit account, Online Savings Account or Money Market Account. If you have a Discover Savings Account, you can also set up automatic redemption.
Alternatively, you can transfer your cashback to a Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus Account, if you have it.
While you can't combine the cashback earned with your Discover credit card with the rewards earned using your Discover Cashback debit card, you can transfer as much as you'd like from your Discover Cashback Debit account to your Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus account.
If you have a Discover Savings Account, you can enroll in auto redemption to have your Cashback Debit Bonus cashback automatically transferred to your Savings Account. This way, you'll turn your cashback into savings, and watch it grow over time.
For example, if you spend $2,000 per month, you'll earn $20 per month or $240 per year. All of this cash would be transferred to your Savings account, on which you'll earn interest. Currently, a 0.80% APY applies.
The Discover Bank routing number is 031100649. You can use it for electronic transfers and domestic wire transfers.