If you're looking for a bank account that gives you most control, flexibility, and simplicity, then you should definitely consider the Citibank® Account Package.
Citibank offers you the ability to link all your eligible accounts together, making its Account Package a full-service banking package that comes with an incredible range of benefits.
At your disposal are several options - to add a savings or interest-bearing checking account, to earn rewards points, to earn interest on your balance, and gain access to a number of experiences through Citibank's special EntertainmentSM program.
Plus, if you meet the conditions, you can have the $25 monthly fee waived, and out-of-network-ATM fees reimbursed! With no minimum opening deposit, and so many opportunities, the Citibank® Account Package seems like a great deal!
Checking account details
- Monthly fee can be waived if you keep a combined average monthly balance of $10,000+ in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts.
- The Citibank® Debit Card.
- Online and Mobile Banking, with Online Bill Pay, Citi Mobile® app, and Mobile Wallet.
- Send money with Zelle®.
- Free first standard checkbook order.
- Free access to 60,000 ATMs throughout the U.S.
- Free out-of-network ATM access* (see FAQ).
- Option to earn Citi ThankYou Rewards Points.
- Option to earn interest on your checking account balance.
- Potential to earn higher rates on savings and money market accounts.
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- Citi EntertainmentSM.
Checking account fees
APY0.01% / 1.10%
Minimum Deposit to Open$0
Out-of-Network ATM Transaction Fee$2.50
Out-of-Network ATM Withdrawal Fee$2.50
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee$34
Foreign Transaction Feen/a
Citibank The Citibank Account Package FAQ
If you want to combine Citibank bank accounts, and keep them together in one Citibank Account Package, you'll be able to choose from:
- Deposit accounts: Checking (regular checking account or interest-bearing checking account), Savings accounts, Money Market accounts, and Certificates of Deposit;
- Retirement accounts: IRAs and Roth IRAs, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. (CGMI) IRAs, and Roth IRAs
- Investment accounts: Investments held in your Linked Citigroup Global Markets Inc. (CGMI) Accounts, and annuity positions shown on Linked CGMI Account Statements.
You can open it online, straight on the Citibank website or here, by clicking on the "APPLY NOW" button. If you prefer, you can open the account in person, by visiting your local Citibank branch (you need to schedule an appointment first), or by phone at 1-800-374-9500 (TTY 1-800-788-0002).
You'll be asked to choose your options:
- Regular Checking,
- Regular Checking and Citi Accelerate Savings,
- Interest Checking,
- Interest Checking and Citi Accelerate Savings.
Also, you'll need to provide your personal information, including your full name, date of birth, Social Security Number, address, email, and phone number. A valid ID is required, in addition to employment and income information.
You'll also be asked to provide an account or card number to transfer funds to your new account.
To find a fee-free ATM, you can use the Citi Locator Worldwide ATM / Branch Locator, available on Citibank's website, and in the Citi Mobile® App.
You can use your Citibank ATM or debit card at ATMs at Citibank U.S. branches, Citibank-branded ATMs, and MoneyPass® ATMs.
Citibank will reimburse you when you use an out-of-network ATM if you meet the minimum monthly balance requirement. You need to maintain at least $10,000 in your linked eligible Citibank deposit, retirement, and investment accounts.
The APY rates vary depending on which additional Citibank you choose to add to your Citibank Account Package.
If you choose the Interest Checking account, an APY of 0.01% will apply.
If you choose the Citi Savings account, an APY of 0.04% - 0.13% will apply.
As far as CDs are concerns, APY rates can go up to 0.40%, while Money Market accounts currently have an APY of 0.20%.
You can earn Citi ThankYou Rewards points when you enroll your checking account in Citi ThankYou® Rewards.
As a Citibank Account Package owner, you will earn 450 ThankYou points for eligible products and services linked to your checking account each statement period you complete 1 qualifying bill payment, and 1 qualifying direct deposit.
You can also earn additional ThankYou points, if you have:
- An auto-save transaction that posts to your Citibank Checking Account: 75 points,
- An open Citibank savings or money market account linked to your Citibank Checking Account: 150 points,
- A Citibank mortgage linked to your Citibank Checking Account: 100 points,
- A Citibank home equity loan or home equity line of credit linked to your Citibank Checking Account: 100 points,
- A Citibank personal loan linked to your Citibank Checking Account: 50 points,
- A Citibank Custom Credit Line linked to your Citibank Checking Account: 75 points.
You may also receive promotional offers, and earn points if you have an eligible Citi card.
If you have multiple Citi bank accounts, you may combine them, and pool together your points, so you can redeem them for rewards you want much faster.
To enroll in Citi ThankYou® Rewards, visit a Citibank branch, log in to citibank.com or call the ThankYou Service Center at 1-800-THANKYOU (1-800-842-6596).
Note: You must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. You need to be at least 18 years old.
Citi® Identity Theft Solutions is a free service available to Citibank customers looking to minimize the damage due to identity theft, by having a team of experts assist them in case of ID theft, so the victims can quickly recover, and re-establish their credit.
Citi's specialists help customers contact the TransUnion credit bureau, and monitor their credit report until the issue is solved, and case closed. Citi's specialists also provide advice, and assist in completing forms that might be required for claims, and other procedures. They also help people contact their creditors, in order to inform them of the damage done, and find a solution as quickly as possible.
If you ever need to use the Citi® Identity Theft Solutions services, you can contact their Customer Service at 1-800-627-3999 (in NY metro area) or 1-800-274-6660 (all other areas).
Citi Entertainment® is an exclusive entertainment program available to Citibank's customers with a Citi® credit card or Citibank® Debit Card. It offers Citibank's customers access to numerous events, presale tickets, concerts, sporting events, dining experiences, and more.
While everyone can view the offers on the Citi Entertainment® website, one must use a Citi® credit card or a Citibank® debit card to purchase tickets.
If you open your Citibank Account Package online, you'll be automatically enrolled in Online Bank Statements/Paperless Statements. Citibank will email you as soon as a new statement is available online. You'll be able to view and print up to 24 months of online statements anytime.
If you open your Citibank Account Package in person or by phone, make sure to choose to go paperless, and opt out of receiving paper statements altogether.